Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Holy pancakes, Batman!

Breakfast for dinner is the best, and if you disagree I'll have to rethink our friendship. Right before I started making them I suddenly had the urge to improvise. As I've written before, I am a HUGE fan of Krusteaz pancake mix. Why? Because it makes absolutely perfect pancakes and can be purchased at Costco in 10 lbs bags. What more could you ask for? The one thing I would suggest is to never follow the instructions on the back for how much water to use. It's just straight-up wrong. Experiment, find the right texture for you.

Rather than make normal, delicious pancakes (boring) I looked in my fridge and pulled out whatever I thought would make for a delicious mix in. Settling on Kirkland Organic Strawberry Spread and Hershey's Chocolate Sauce I dumped the two in my Vitamix with some water, similar to how I made the apple pancakes.


The resulting chocolate strawberry pancake was absolutely fantastic. I found myself spooning the batter out of the mixing bowl, something I never do with normal pancakes. They weren't overly chocolaty and the slight tartness from the strawberries contrasted beautifully with the maple syrup from Sugarbush Farm.


Oh, and it doesn't hurt to use this stuff... I've been cooking everything with it recently. If you see it, buy it. Well worth the extra money, believe you me.

No comments:

Post a Comment