Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Dummy's birthday / Ice Cream Bonanza

Since Mother's day I've been on an ice cream tear. I'm certain I'll forget a few flavors, but I've made:
  • Peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter swirls
  • Mint cookies & cream
  • Cinnamon spiced chocolate chip cookie dough
  • Coconut ice cream with salted caramel swirls
As indicated in the Duck & Beer post, I used that as practice for Dum-dum's birthday (btw Dum-dum / Dummy is my sister). So refer back for the main course. As for dessert, I told Courto that I'd make absolutely any ice cream flavor she wanted. The result of her creativity was salted caramel ice cream with Nutella swirls. Behold:


The ice cream I've been making has been bonkers good. I know that sounds cocky, but seriously, it's delicious. So good that my girlfriend's mother literally told her entire family that the mint cookies & cream ice cream I made was the best ice cream she's had in her entire life, and apparently she used to work in an ice cream parlor.


I'm in the process of freezing a batch of orange creamsicle ice cream (made by reducing a bottle of Sunkist orange soda down into a syrup and adding that into the base). If the base is any indicator of how the ice cream is going to taste then we're in for a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment