Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pomme Purée - late post

Having never made a simple mashed potato recipe that I've been proud of I decided to try the french style of mashed potatoes, called Pomme Purée. They're essentially a rich and creamy cousin to traditional, fluffy, 'murican mashed potatoes. This was paired with bacon wrapped asparagus, sous vide steak, and some absolutely fantastic whole wheat sourdough made by my buddy Nate.


To make the mashed potatoes especially smooth I bought a potato ricer from amazon.com. It worked pretty well, however the end result would have been improved had the potatoes been cooked a little longer and put in a food processor at the end. Next time. Oh! I also used homemade chicken stock from the "Game of Thrones Dinner" bones to elevate the flavor in the mashed potatoes. Yummmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment