Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cinnamon french toast with a cream cheese glaze

List articles, generally speaking, are annoying; they're a cheap way to draw you in by making their pointless, mundane content seem more exciting. A very quick search on Buzzfeed's front page yielded several such articles, chief among with was "9 videos you can't miss this week". I can miss them, and I will, thank you.

Rant over, there are some list articles that are super awesome. The same quick search on Buzzfeed took me to "17 Ways To Eat More Nutella" and "27 Ways To Experience The Holy Matrimony Of Peanut Butter And Chocolate". These are obviously good things and make their list article nature tolerable. A couple weeks back my sister sent me the article "31 Life-Changing Ways To Eat French Toast". Now, when I see an article title like this I'm imagining people eating french toast while doing a split between two trucks moving backwards at ~30mph. Stupid title aside, the article had some awesome ideas for french toast variations such as Nutella and bacon stuffed french toast, caramel apple french toast, cannoli stuffed french toast, and cinnamon french toast with cream cheese glaze. Last weekend I recreated the latter and dayumn it was good. Quick question, is it playing with your food if you do it before you eat? SMILEY FACE!


Because the article has a link to the recipe I won't bore you with it here, but damn it was tasty. The cream cheese glaze had cinnamon and nutmeg and was bonkers. Yep, bonkers.


To go with the french toast I did scrambled eggs with aged cheddar and pan fried maple breakfast sausages from Walden Local Meat Co. If you're actually reading this terrible blog and haven't seen my post about them, I'd suggest you check it out. They're awesome and you should support them.

No comments:

Post a Comment