Thursday, January 30, 2014

Scallops

While walking through my neighborhood market trying to decide what to cook for dinner tonight some scallops caught my eye. I've never made scallops before. Scallops are delicious. Perfect.

I decided that my end dish would be pesto pasta with pan seared scallops (wooo alliteration!). Because I'd never cooked scallops I decided that YouTube would be a good place to start.

The end result:

Now to be honest I selected only the best looking scallops out of the ones I cooked for the photo because it was difficult to get that sear perfect. I think that next time I'll find bigger scallops that don't flop over so easily and so I'll have fewer to manage at a time. That said cooking them in olive oil with salt and pepper was enough to give them an awesome flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment